Saturday, April 19, 2014

Inspiration Dump: Masters of Markers

I don't know if there is some kind of genre for artists drawing on the wall with markers but there should be, cause it's awesome. Just seeing how quickly and how precise these guys are with a marker is kind of humbling for an artist like me. I think I use an eraser more than I use a pencil, i'm nowhere near ready to take a marker straight to paper.




There is a reason these guys are legends in the comic world. Anyone serious about being a comic artist should study the work of this group. There is some merit in the whole "respect your elders" idea, unless we're talking about politics because all those old dudes suck.



Typography is probably the least respected part of making a comic. I know I neglect it in my own work but I shouldn't because it's one of the things that can make or break your book. I honestly think it's one of the most boring parts of creating a book but add some Major Lazer to the process and look at how much fun it can be. In fact Major Lazer makes everything a little more fun, just check out his other videos. 



Brandon Graham is one of my favorite creators right now. I love his style, the way he jams jokes in the background and even the attitude he brings to the community. So, pretty much anything he does, I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment